Sunday 5 May 2013

A Haiku A Day: More Haikus!

I've kept to my challenge! (Which is a miracle because I never stick to anything.)
I hope you're not getting sick of them because I've got a lot more to post but... here are the haiku's I've written over the past few days.

Day 3: (I think Day 3 might be my favourite so far :) I posted it on my deviantart gallery too, if you'd like to check that out :) http://ourbraveheroine.deviantart.com/ )
Tightrope walker. No
safety net. Applause encore
or a broken neck.

Day 4:
I'm not posting Day 4 because it got a little, um...personal. Yeah. Anyway.

Day 5:
If I could refuse.
Leave. I would. In a heartbeat.
Or would I? Silence.

Day 6:
I put you on back
to front. You keep me warm when
I don't think you should.

Day 7:
Lions tigers bears
Oh my! Asleep on your shoulder
Eyes open all night.

Day 8: (Today! A Week! I've been doing this a week!)
I've been give the-
all clear- when I might crash, code,
flatline in the night.

I'm still not sure if I'm doing this haiku's right. Like, are the syllables right? Also I'm fairly sure there's a thing about how the last line is supposed to pose a question or an image or answer it or something... I'm unsure. I've tried to research but it's hard. I'm not sure you're just supposed to run-on-line them all either. But there aren't really any rules to writing (aside from basic grammar) and I like these, and I write for my own enjoyment, and it's good practise, so it can't be a waste, right? It is pretty hard to summarise your day in 5,7,5, and I must say it does really get me thinking, not only about writing and imagery but my day and my own (weird) head. So yeah. Haikus. I reccomend them.
Also, I don't know if any of you are on Deviantart, but if you are I'm really excited to tell you I'm gonna enter a competition on there :D You know that feeling when you see a competition and the prompt just screams this story into your head? That's what this did! So I'm super excited. Unfortuantely... the deadline is May 20th... and my exams start in less than a month so... yay! Busy me! Haha. I'm determined though, and hopefully you'll be able to see the end result :) Any other writers out there, you should enter something too! Even if you don't expect to win (I'd love to, but I don't), it's still all good practise and they can really inspire you and things :)
I'm rambling now. I should be writing. I'll leave us all to it.
Hope you like the Haikus.

No comments:

Post a Comment