Monday 29 April 2013

A Haiku A Day, #Day1

So I'm heading to uni next year... (Hopefully if I get in. Otherwise I've gotta spend another year living at home. I have no insurance choice uni. At the time, this seemed a good idea! Eg. 'I don't want to go to a back up uni; I'll just wait a year if I don't get into to my favourite one!' ...Now it does not seem so appealing. Anywho.) And my plan is to study English with Creative Writing. The thing is, a lot of these courses...they do poetry too. Poetry. Like, I'm okay with short stories. But poetry? Poetry? It's not exactly my forte, let's put it that way.
But anyway, I want to get better at it, or at least build my confidence, so I've come up with a plan: A Haiku A Day (until my exams are over, because I'm a little busy revising at the moment) and then, after that, A Poem A Day. (Because I only just found out NaPoWriMo exists and I'm a little late and very jealous!)(If you do not know what NaPoWriMo is and like writing poems, please google it.)
And to build my confidence, I'm going to subject you to them! (Probably not all of them, or if all of them, they will probably appear in little groups. Otherwise it just gets annoying.)
Feel free to tag along and join in. :)

Day 1 (This is my one for yesterday. I haven't got one for today yet. Maybe when I've lived today... We'll see.):
I got caught in the
Rain. Torrential downpour. He
Stared through a window.

I am not good at Haiku's. (...Does Haiku's have an apostrophe? The corrector just told me it did. I am confused now.) Please feel free to give me advice on how you actually write them. :)
Also, yesterday went kinda downhill for me, if you were wondering. I hate walking when it rains. I especially hate walking when you've straightened your hair and it rains. I especially especially hate walking when you're carrying a comic and it rains and your coat is so tight the comic won't fit under it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment