Thursday 25 April 2013

Hi! :)
So I've been wondering for ages what people put in their first blog post... But I think I might have actually worked something out.
So today I went to a book launch for this local writer's book. (Her name's Emma Pass and her book is called ACID if you were wondering. It's out today. This is her blog http://emmapass.blogspot.co.uk/) And while I was sitting there, listening to her talk about writing and getting published, and staring at the back of the head of her agent (who I really wanted to talk to, but didn't dare) and publisher (""), and staring at all these huge posters of the new cover of her book, with this frown-y red-haired girl striding towards me...
I don't know. The atmosphere just felt really friendly, the air all light, and I couldn't help think about how much I'd like for it to be me, sitting up there on that stage, being asked weird questions about my book and how I wrote it, and a lot of questions about libraries.
And then I couldn't help but think about how, actual, if she could do it, maybe it wouldn't be so hard for me to get to be up on that stage, staring at the face of my agent and publisher, surrounded by massive posters of my book cover with my own frown-y heroine on. Or a cat. I feel like my book cover would have a cat on it (if I ever get one!). I don't know why. Just...cats.
That's all really. That's my first blog post. I should really just press 'post' without checking it through because otherwise I'll put off rereading it and then never post it. So here goes. Sorry for the spelling mistakes :P bye! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment