Monday 29 April 2013

A Haiku A Day #Day2

Okay so... I just wrote this today. It's a bit of an epic, I admit, but I'm actually quite proud, so :)

Day 2:
Goldilocks and three
bears eat. I watch for a 'prince'
who'll never arrive.

Paper skin rose eyes
spider leg cheeks. My sister
sewed through her finger.
Spinning wheel witch
no castle walls. My sister
is sleeping beauty.

Me, red riding hood.
I slink home again. Dark wolves
lurk in dark forests.
I claw, wall of vines.
They howl and writhe and rise. Out
here rain could hide me.

Discarded sheep's clothes
line stairs from my bed. Bigger
wolves lurk in my head.

My sister did indeed sew through her finger in her textiles exam. It was very dramatic. I've never seen anyone so pale as her after it happened.
I'm a little obsessed with fairytales. I don't know. Whenever I can't think of what to write, they seem like the perfect inspiration. Just the bright imagery... It sticks.
No more of these for a little bit, I promise. (I'm getting obsessed now. Everything I think of is in Haiku form. Oh dear.)

No comments:

Post a Comment